E-Visa Sri Lanka
An intended traveller visiting Sri Lanka for a short stay for following purposes, must obtain ETA prior approval for their arrival.
- Sightseeing, holidaying
- Visiting friends and relatives
- Medical treatment including Ayurvedic and yoga
- Participate in sporting events, competitions and activities relating to cultural performance
- Participate in business meetings and negotiations
- Participate in Conferences, workshops and seminars
- To take part in Short term training programs (less than one month)
- Participate in art, music and dance events
- Participating in religious events
- Participate in Symposium
- Transiting through Sri Lanka
- The types of ETA:
- ETA for Tourist purpose with double entry for 30 (thirty) days
- ETA for Business purpose with double entry for 30 (thirty) days
- ETA for Transit up to 02 days Free of Charge basis (Documentary proof needed)
At the arrival applicant may be granted 30 days ETA with double entry facility and double entries can be made from the date of initial arrival (Within given 30 days). The balance period of the 30 days of the initial entry will be granted for the second visit to Sri Lanka.
Business Purposes ETA
Business ETA can only be obtained from;
- Sri Lanka Overseas Missions;
- The head office of the Department of Immigration and Emigration (DI&E), Colombo;
Multiple, Double or single entry business ETA can be obtained from Sri Lanka Overseas Missions and the Visa Section of the Department of Immigration and Emigration , Colombo.
The traveler should produce relevant documentary proof of his/her intent of Business purpose visit to Sri Lanka.
How To Extend Short Visit Visa.
A visitor wishing to stay more than 30 days in Sri Lanka, may apply for an extension. The Short Visit visa may be extended up to 90 days from the date of arrival at the first instance and further 90 days at the second instance.
Click to apply for online application